To operate vehicles equipped with air brakes on a highway (other than a vehicle defined as a construction vehicle), you must have a BC driver’s license with an air brake endorsement. Manual included: pick up in advance. ICBC written notice to be signed at time of registration. Note: ICBC may require an eye exam prior to endorsement of license.
Air Brakes Repair and Endorsement
This course prepares mechanics with limited experience to service air brakes. This endorsement is a prerequisite for Automotive Technician Commercial Vehicle Inspectors to inspect air brake equipped vehicles.
Upon successful completion of the course, the students will be able to:
- Identify the components of an air brake system and state their function;
- Disassemble and assemble air brake valves and foundation brakes;
- Diagnose problems in an air brake system;
- Perform preventative maintenance on air brake equipped vehicles;
- Perform a pre-trip inspection toward the Motor Vehicle Air Endorsement Examination.