- Friday, March 6 - 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Saturday, March 7 - 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
2 Day Package $200 includes
- Friday Coffee Break
- 2 Tickets to Networking Event Friday 4:15 - 6 pm
- Saturday Coffee Break & Lunch
1 Day Packages are available $130.00/day and includes on ticket Networking Event if you register for the Friday.
Participate as an employer:
Accommodations:Sandman Hotel Castlegar 1944 Columbia Ave|Castlegar BC|V1N 2W7 Phone 250 365 8444|Fax 250 365 8423
The rate is our Gold rate of $103 for a Standard room with two beds and $111 for a Corporate King, Queen or Kitchenette. Book under “Career Fair” for rates.
How to Get Here:
- Find out how to get to Castlegar...
- Selkirk College - the Great Kootenay Career Fair is located in the Gym at Selkirk College 301 Frank Beinder Way Castlegar, BC V1N4L3
Parking on Selkirk College Campus is free.
For more information about event planning contact Event Coordinator Monique Lalonde.
Our Exhibitor List is Growing...
- Selkirk College
- Nelson CARES Society
- School District #8 (Kootenay Lake)
- MNBC Metis Employment & Training
- BC RPGP Prevention Program
- Kootenay Career Development Society & WorkBC
- West Kootenay EcoSociety
- Trail Gymnastics Club
- Shambhala Music Festival Ltd
- Watermark Beach Resort
- ECO Canada
- Castlegar and District Community Services Society
- Industry Training Authority
- BC Timber Sales
- Grant Thornton
- The Skills Centre
- BC SPCA Nelson Branch
- City of Castlegar
- Montane Forest Consultants Ltd
- RBC Royal Bank
- BC Conservation Officer Service
- Kootenay Kids Society
- Traction on Demand
- Axis Family Resources
- Carson Integrated
- Interior Health Authority
- Blueberry Creek Community School Hub
- Ktunaxa Nation Council - Education & Employment sector
- Kootenay Columbia College
To help you arrive as prepared as possible, check out these pre-employment tips, templates, videos, links and more!
- Networking 101: What to say when you only have 30 seconds!
- Resume Writing: Come prepared with a resume in hand!
- Networking Cards: Here’s how to get yours!
- Interview Preparation: It’s never too early to start building your interview skills!
- Pre-employment Empowerment: Resources for people with disabilities!
- Employability Skills Worksheet: Identify your skills from the stories you tell!
- One-to-one Support: See someone to help you prepare!
1. I AM… this is where you will define who you are, work-wise, in a nutshell.
Eg. Hi my name is ___________. I am currently a business student working towards the CPA designation.
2. I CAN… this is where you mention what you can bring to the table focusing on your accomplishments.
Eg. I have over a year of experience working in the accounting department at ABC company
3. I WANT…This is where you share your objective, your career-related goal.
Eg. I see myself working in public accounting and want to specialize one day.
4. ASK…End with a question about information, advice, contacts or leads.
Eg. Would you happen to have an advice for someone on a career path like mine, or know of anyone who might be looking for someone like me?
Click HERE for lots of videos, tip sheets and links related to resume writing as well as fillable resume templates.
Follow these steps:
- Click HERE
- Choose your design
- Fill in your information
- Click Preview and Print (bottom right side)
- Click on Print Yourself, Save, Get PDF to Print
- Selkirk College Students may bring their saved PDF to O-129 (Castlegar Campus) for 10 copies
Anything can happen when you start chatting with employers at the Great Kootenay Career Fair. WATCH THIS SHORT VIDEO ON INTERVIEW TIPS and start thinking about how you might answer some basic interview questions.
Click HERE for a video on pre-employment considerations for students with disabilities along with a variety of diversity-focused job resources.
Determine how you’ve demonstrated key skills; what to highlight on your resume; and what to prepare for interview questions by filling out this EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS WORKSHEET
If you are a Selkirk College student and would like one-to-one support preparing for the Great Kootenay Career Fair, online video appointments and in-person appointments are available.
- Click HERE to schedule an online video appointment.
- Click HERE to schedule an in-person appointment on the Castlegar campus.