Selkirk College, Attn: Rosalyn Cormier
301 Frank Beinder Way, Castlegar BC, V1N 4L3, Canada
I currently teach at Selkirk College in the Human Service Programs and with the Institute in Transpersonal Psychology in their Global Master’s Program.
I have a Doctorate degree in spiritual studies, a background in family support and I am certified in conscious relationship therapy and body centered therapy. I have taught at various Canadian Colleges and Universities in post-secondary educations in Canada in the areas of education and Human Services. I am a certified funeral celebrant and in addition to creating meaningful personalized funeral services I offer grief counseling and follow-up support to families and individuals dealing with loss and change in their lives. I have traveled extensively to areas in South America, Mexico, Indonesia, India and North America studying indigenous spiritual practices and teachings and I am completing an ordination process with the Center for Sacred Studies where I have been a student of the International Council of Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers. As a certified yoga teacher and Trancedance facilitator, I have a daily practice which includes creative expression, yoga, and meditation. My diverse career has also involved working as a consultant and educator in areas of creating inclusive community, diversity and spirituality in the workplace. I have a passion for Women’s Empowerment and facilitates rites of passage and healing groups for women and adolescent girls.
My Education includes:
- Doctorate of Ministry, University of Creation Spirituality, 2004
- Masters of Arts, Creation Spirituality and Transpersonal Psychology, Holy Names College, 2004
- Honors BA, Therapeutic Recreation, University of Waterloo, 1985
- Certified Funeral Celebrant and Facilitator, 2008
- Certified Conscious Relationship and Body Centered Therapy, Hendrick’s Institute, 1993
- Certified Trance dance Facilitator, 2007
- Certified Yoga Teacher, 2009
- Ordained Minister with Center for Sacred Studies, 2009
My Areas of Interest are:
- Hospice, Death and Dying
- Creative expression and writing
- Movement and Ceremony: Trancedance, yoga, authentic movement, community ceremonies and celebrations
- Women’s empowerment
- Indigenous and Earth Based Spirituality and Culture
My Research Interests include a doctoral dissertation focused on Spirituality and Intimate Relationship. I have studied extensively the practices and principals of Conscious relationship and relationship as a path for spiritual awakening and growth.
My post-graduate studies focus on Indigenous and shamanic practices for community and individual renewal.