Selkirk College, Attn: Tracy Punchard
301 Frank Beinder Way, Castlegar BC, V1N 4L3, Canada
I love language. I love literature. What does Sleeping Beauty have to do with cannibalism? How is it that children didn’t exist before 1742? Is it possible to have a love affair with the semi-colon? These are a few of the questions that will be explored in my writing and literature classes.
I received a SCOPE award for Exceptional Performance 2004-05.
My Education includes:
- BA University of Waterloo
- MA Carleton University
- PhD University of British Columbia
My Presentations and Publications include:
- 2004: “Teaching Genre: Form and the Hypothetical Situation in the Business Writing Classroom.” Classroom Spaces and Writing Instruction. Ed Nagelhout and Carol Rutz. Eds. Creskill NJ: Hampton Press
- May 2004: “Imagining Academia: Inksheds and the Formation of Community.” Canadian Association for the Study of Language and Learning 21st Annual Inkshed Conference. In collaboration with Sharon Josephson.
- May 1999: “The Pragmatics of Corporate English: Grammaticalization of a Hierarchical Global Economy.” Canadian Association of Teachers of Technical Writing, Congress of Social Sciences and Humanities. In collaboration with Sharon Josephson (SFU).
- May 1996: “Oscar Wilde and Herbert Spencer: Playing with Art and Evolution.” Canadian Society for Aesthetics, Learneds Societies Congress.
I was the Editor of Kootenay Mountain Culture Magazine from 2002 – 2004.
I am currently the President of the Whitewater Ski Team.