Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with shipping and receiving stock
- Assisting with processing and maintaining bookshop material
- Assisting with pricing goods that are for sale
- Assisting with preparing books for return
- Assisting with customer inquiries
- Assisting with sales and cashiering services
- Traveling to other campuses as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor and coordinator
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proven ability to work independently
- Demonstrate cash handling and revenue preparation
- Proficient on computers, with a good working knowledge of Windows XP and Office 2007, and typing at 60 wpm
- Experience with Bookware software will be considered an asset.
- Good physical condition as heavy lifting is required on a day-to-day basis.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Completion of six month’s relevant post-secondary education
- Six months or more experience of directly related experience in retail sales and bookshop business
- Valid BC Driver’s license
This is an on-call position commencing August 6, 2019. Salary will be Pay Grade 3, $21.68 per hour in accordance with the PPWC Collective Agreement.