Main Duties and Responsibilities
Perform custodial duties
- General custodial duties such as garbage collection, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning and disinfecting washrooms etc.
- Perform heavy manual labour such as carpet cleaning, scrubbing/polishing floors, moving furniture etc.
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs to assigned tools and equipment
- Replenish custodial supplies
- Perform general maintenance of facility, report maintenance problems and advise of equipment in need of repair
- Set up and take down for special events and functions
- Clear and secure the building at the end of the day
- Report custodial, facility and grounds issues to the Director of Facilities as required
- Monitor students working in studios after hours
- Assist with emergency evacuation situations i.e. power outages
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, critical thinking, customer service, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- Physical ability to perform job duties
Education and Experience
- High school graduation
- Custodial Training Certificate
*The Custodial Training Certificate is not required for on-call work; however, in order to obtain a permanent Building Service Worker position you must be enroled and actively working toward completion of the Custodial Training Certificate.
- WHMIS certification
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- First Aid Certificate preferred
- Minimum 1 year custodial experience in a public institution
This is an on-call position commencing as soon as possible. Salary will be Pay Grade 4, $22.73 per hour in accordance with the Selkirk College PPWC Collective Agreement.