Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops a functional understanding of Unit 4 Business World (U4BW) software in terms of Finance processes, transfers Selkirk Finance Business Unit processes and requirements into the U4BW system.
- Configures and analyzes U4BW modules in accordance with established business practices and related policies. Modules include: Pay to Procure, Sales to Cash, Budget to Commitments, Expense Ledger, Project Life Cycle, Fixed Assets, Reporting; adapts and improves existing Finance processes to fit within the U4BW framework, identifies issues and resolves using process re-engineering as necessary.
- Develops a functional understanding of Selkirk and financial reporting requirements and assists with translation and creation of requirements into reporting outputs.
- Assists with data migration mapping from FRS and SLED (student accounts receivable ledger) to U4BW and U4SM.
- Assists with data validation for FRS and SLED to U4BW and U4SM and tracks defects and remediation through the project’s issues log.
- Creates and executes test plans and records results through the use of test tracking software, elevates issues as required; creates and/or modifies software and process documentation for testing purposes.
- Documents user and stakeholder requirements, prepares process flow charts, and uses analytical and problem solving skills to adapt any requirement gaps for the new system functionality and reporting.
- Collects, organizes and analyzes data.
- Provides ERP users with basic troubleshooting support through project phases (IST/UAT/Go-live) as related to Unit4 software.
- Liaises with other project teams and college staff to understand and document processes and/or resolve issues as necessary.
- Supports the work of implementation teams as required; Works with the operational Finance Team to complete project tasks, as required.
- Provides implementation and operational support to the Unit4 Finance projects.
- Works with Unit 4 implementation consultants to resolve software and/or process issues in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of finance policies and procedures
- Knowledge and experience with finance ERP systems and related software packages
- Strong computer skills including Windows, Microsoft Office (including Excel)
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated proficiency in data entry
- Ability to develop process documents and flow charts
- Strong ability to assess written communication and produce written instructions
- Demonstrated success as a team member, in leadership roles and working autonomously
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment that requires proficiency in multitasking, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, process, and confidentiality
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills, motivated to complete work accurately, collaboratively, on time, and in a professional manner.
Education and Experience
- Business, Accounting/Finance, Information Technology or other relevant Diploma with demonstrated professional development;
- Minimum 3 years related experience in a combination of systems implementation and finance roles;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams;
- Experience working in a dynamic environment involving gap analysis, problem solving, recommendation development, system and process implementation and reporting.
- Extensive experience (5+ years) working with Unit 4 financial software (i.e. Agresso) will also be considered in lieu of formal education.
This is a regular, full-time position commencing as soon as possible. Salary will be Pay Grade 10, $29.17 per hour in accordance with the PPWC Collective Agreement.