Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver teaching strategies and assessments that meet course outcomes
- Provide instruction to students
- Provide constructive and meaningful feedback to students
- Participate in school and program meetings
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work with students with diverse backgrounds and academic abilities
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both orally and in writing)
- Strong competencies in working independently and as part of a team
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Two to three years teaching experience in a post-secondary environment
This is a 36% short-term position from August 8, 2017 to April 27, 2018 with the possibility of an additional 40% short-term workload. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Selkirk College Faculty Association Collective Agreement. The salary range is $2,152.96-$3,459.62 bi-weekly (at 100% appointment) and is based on qualifications and experience.
Selkirk College is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential and where each member of the college community shares a responsibility for developing and maintaining a healthy work environment in which differences are valued. The college welcomes applications from persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal people. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.