As well, the successful applicant will share Selkirk’s student-centered values and mission “to inspire lifelong learning, transform lives through education and training, and serve our communities”.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver teaching strategies and assessments that meet course outcomes
- Provide instruction to students using the online Moodle platform
- Provide constructive and meaningful feedback to students
- Participate in school and program meetings
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work with students with diverse backgrounds and academic abilities
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both orally and in writing)
- Strong competencies in working independently and as part of a team
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in either French or Spanish. Applicants with qualifications and experience in both languages will be given priority
- Two to three years teaching experience in a post-secondary environment
- Experience teaching online. Experience using Moodle is a strong asset
This is 28% short term position beginning August 8, 2017 and ending April 27, 2018 with a possibility of additional work becoming available. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Selkirk College Faculty Association Collective Agreement. The salary range is $2,152.96-$3,459.62 bi-weekly (at 100% appointment) and is based on qualifications and experience. The exact percentage of the appointment will be determined at the time hiring. The successful applicant must be available to attend Moodle training in August.
Selkirk College is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential and where each member of the college community shares a responsibility for developing and maintaining a healthy work environment in which differences are valued. The college welcomes applications from persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal people. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.