Ideally the successful candidate will have a valid Journeyman Certificate (Red Seal) in Carpentry. The successful candidate will also be responsible for general facility support which includes snow removal, lawn maintenance and grounds keeping duties and freight handling.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
General building and facility maintenance which includes:
- Carpentry (repairs and renovations including drywall finishing and painting), basic plumbing and electrical repairs
- Basic HVAC system repairs including filter changes, belt changes, etc.
- Operating building controls (Delta DDC) to maintain building temperature, lighting and door security
- Grounds maintenance, freight handling and snow removal
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be in good physical condition
- Desire to becoming a member of a highly motivated Selkirk College team
- Excellent communication, team work, time management, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work safely and independently, maintaining tools and keeping a clean, safe work site
- Ability to operate mobile equipment including forklift and lawn maintenance equipment
- Must be willing and able to travel between Selkirk College campuses (Castlegar and Nelson)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Education and Experience
- High school graduation certificate and valid Journeyman Certification
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Occupational First Aid Level III certificate preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years related experience
This is a regular, full-time position commencing approximately November 19, 2018. Salary will be Pay Grade 11, $29.76 per hour in accordance with the Selkirk College PPWC Collective Agreement.