The carpentry work has an emphasis on commercial buildings (including steel stud/drywall installation, T-bar ceilings, etc.) painting and flooring as well as minor plumbing and electrical work. This position must possess a trade journeyman certificate and includes facility repairs and renovations, small to medium sized construction projects, minor plumbing and electrical maintenance. General facility support will also be required which may include snow removal, lawn maintenance and grounds keeping duties and freight handling.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Perform duties consistent with trade qualifications
- Complete facility renovation work for classrooms, offices, etc.
- Maintain tools, equipment, a clean and safe work site
- Estimate material and labour costs
Perform general facility support duties
- Check work orders and prioritize daily duties and projects
- Update and ensure compliance on WHMIS MSDS sheets
- Assist other trades and Freight handling as required
- Snow removal and grounds keeping
- Set up for special events
Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must be willing and able to travel between Selkirk College campuses (Castlegar and Nelson)
Education and Experience
- High school graduation
- Journeyman Certification, Red Seal Carpenter
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence
- Minimum 3-4 years related experience and Occupational First Aid III Certificate preferred
This is a temporary, on-call position commencing approximately August 27, 2018 or as required. Salary will be Pay Grade 11, $29.76 per hour in accordance with the Selkirk College PPWC Collective Agreement.