The successful applicant will have the education and experience to provide clinical instruction in a range of community and residential practice settings in Year 1 of the BSN Program.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and support practice education for BSN students in community and residential care settings
- Provide ongoing written and verbal feedback to students
- Foster practice partner and College relationships
- Communicate with practice partners to ensure common understanding of learning outcomes of practice course
- Provide face-to-face instruction of theory courses and be available for student consultation
- Evaluate student progress and provide constructive feedback
- Participate in instructional team meetings
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Learner-centered philosophy of teaching, learning and evaluation
- Excellent communication, team work, and time management skills
- Three – five years of recent, relevant practice experience
- Commitment to actively participate in the delivery of a dynamic, caring and interactive curriculum
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or a related field*
- Current practicing RN registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professions (BCNNP)
- Previous teaching experience in a post-secondary setting is an asset
* An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
This is a 64% short-term position commencing December 22, 2018 and ending April 26, 2019. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Selkirk College Faculty Association Collective Agreement. The salary range is $2,194.04-$3,525.58 bi-weekly (at 100% appointment) and is based on qualifications and experience.