Main Duties and Responsibilities
Perform sports program services including coordinating sports related activities for students, staff and the community.
- Setting up and taking down sports equipment for various activities as required
- Demonstrating the use of weights and other sports equipment
- Performs sports facility services including cleaning sports equipment
- Maintaining and repairing sports equipment to be serviceable and safe
- Ensuring equipment is properly stored and recorded
- Booking of the gym facility, using the cash register to receive payments, balance cash and make deposits of funds received
- Generating revenue reports, performing general office duties in the Athletics office
- Maintaining records for lockers and memberships and providing first aid treatment as required
Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be in good physical condition
- This position requires a candidate with good physical condition to meet the physical demands of the job on a day-to-day basis
- The candidate will need excellent organizational skills, verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, data base software
- A minimum 40 wpm and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Applicants must be prepared to travel to Castlegar or Nelson campus as required
Education and Experience
- High School Graduation
- Successfully completed a post-secondary academic program in Physical Education and/or Recreation and is required to have a valid BC Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid Level I certification
- A Weight Training Certificate would be an asset
This is an on-call position. Salary will be Pay Grade 3, $20.88 per hour in accordance with the Selkirk College PPWC Collective Agreement.