CICan Paul and Gerri Charette Bursary Program
Canadian students attending colleges or institutes in rural, remote, or northern areas across Canada will be given preference for the 20 bursaries of up to $5,000 each.
Each member school, of the Colleges and Institutes Canada organization, is eligible to nominate one student to be considered for the bursary program.
1. Selkirk College students, who meet the eligibility criteria listed below, apply for the bursary.
2. Deadline to apply: September 16, 2022.
3. Financial Aid will review all applications and select one student to represent Selkirk College for the CICan Paul and Gerri Charette Bursary.
4. A national review committee will adjudicate the applications and award winners will be notified by the end of November 2022.
1. Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, permanent resident, or a protected person.
2. Enrolled full time at Selkirk College in a post-secondary program. Must be in Year 1 or Year 2 of a multi-year program. (Programs that are a year or less are not eligible).
3. Must be the first-time that you are attending a post-secondary institution.
4. Demonstrated financial need.
Required Supporting Documentation
Applicants will need to provide the following information to complete the application:
1. Personal, family, and program information.
2. Essay describing the impact that the bursary will have on your ability to attend a college and your involvement in the community.
3. Essay describing the financial impact that this bursary would have.
4. Essay describing how the bursary will help you eliminate challenges or barriers to participating in and completing your education.
5. Upload 3 letters of support from people who know you. This can include a past or current employer, a teacher, a college administrator, a member of a community or campus organization, someone involved in student services or a faculty member.
Deadline for Applications
- September 16, 2022
How do I apply?
Apply online: CICan Paul and Gerri Charette Bursary