March 24 is Work Integrated Learning Day
What is Work Integrated Learning? Work-integrated learning is experiential education that formally and intentionally integrates a student’s academic studies within a workplace or practice setting to learn employability skills, personal agency and promote life-long learning.
Each year, Co-operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning Canada (CEWIL Canada) celebrates the successes and promotes awareness of co-op and work-integrated learning programs across Canada from March 1 - 31.
Co-ops, Work Studies and Internship Photo Contest!
Capture the excitement of your job and share it with us! Let us know about your Selkirk work experience and its benefits to your learning.
- Share Your Photo or Video! How to? Submit your photos/video (under two minutes) and some brief words describing your work setting to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in the subject line: WIL Photo Contest.
- Deadline is March 30
- A panel of distinguished judges will choose the top three winners. See below for the fine print...
Winners will be notified by the Co-op Education & Employment Services Department.
- First: $250
- Second: $150
- Third: $100
- Funniest: $100
Learn more about Co-op Education & Employment Services and follow their Facebook feed!
Please read the following rules before submitting your photos and/or videos.
Photo Contest Details
- You must be a Selkirk College student (full time or part time).
- Person who submits the photo must have permission to share.
- Any people in submitted photos must give their permission to appear.
- JPEG picture high resolution format required.
- No watermarks please
- By entering this contest you agree that any submitted photo may be used by Selkirk College online and in print
- Photos that include deliberate damage or cause risk to people, animals or the environment are not acceptable at Selkirk College's discretion. Inappropriate photos or photos that infringe on human rights will also be refused at Selkirk College's discretion.