What programs are offered at Selkirk?
Selkirk College offers a wide array of academic, career, vocational and technical programs to assist learners interested in bridging into university degree programs or attain the skills necessary to enter or upgrade their position in the workforce. We have a program that is right for your child. With over 60 certificate, diploma and degree programs, we offer a variety of options for students just starting their post-secondary journey or returning as a mature student.
Are they looking for real world experience? Offering nationally recognized programs for over 45 years, we have a variety of learning experiences both within and outside of classes. Many of our programs have practicums, work terms, apprenticeships or co-op education options.
Learn more about our programs.
How much does it cost to attend Selkirk College?
Tuition at Selkirk College can be substantially lower than at university even though the courses you take are most likely the same courses you would take in university. You can start at Selkirk and save money then transfer your credits you recieve to the university of your choice.
Learn more about our tuition fees.
What are the admission requirements to Selkirk College?
Learn more about our Admission Requirements.
What is a prerequisite?
A prerequisite refers to the course and/or courses that meet the academic requirements necessary to aptly complete the course and /or program. Prerequisites must be completed prior to the student taking a course to ensure that the student has the required background.
Learn more about our Admission Requirements.
Can my son/daughter receive credit towards an undergraduate degree program at other colleges and universities?
Learn more about Transfer Credit at Selkirk.
How can I set up an appointment with an academic advisor?
Learn more about our Counselling Services at Selkirk.
When should my son/daughter apply?
Learn more about the Application Process at Selkirk.
What kinds of housing options are available for my son/daughter?
Our on-campus student housing are home to almost 250 students. Kekuli House in Castlegar and Tenth Street Campus in Nelson are located within a five-minute walk to classes, athletic facilities, libraries, dining facilities and outdoor recreation.
Learn more about our Student Housing.
What kinds of scholarships and bursaries are available and how do we apply?
Selkirk College offers a range of scholarships, bursaries, and awards to both assist students in financing their educational and living costs and to recognize academic excellence. Financial support can be a combination of bursaries, scholarships, awards, work-study, loans and grants.
Did you know that just by applying and being conditionally accepted before Dec 14th you may be eligible for an Early Entrance Scholarship. Learn more about Early Entrance Scholarships.
Learn more about our Student Awards & Financial Support.
Why should my son/daughter choose Selkirk College?
Selkirk College strives to provide each student with exemplary teaching, an outstanding learning environment and life experiences that will engage them with our communities and natural setting. Our students consistently rank Selkirk well above 90% in the top 10 areas of student satisfaction, including level of instructional expertise, quality of instruction and amount of knowledge gained.
A Selkirk College education offers many benefits:
- Smaller classes equal more support. Students have better access to instructors, equipment and labs which means fewer wait lists, longer practice sessions and more one-on-one interaction with instructors that actually remember your name.
- Competitive tuition fees mean you don’t have to mortgage your future in order to build it. At nearly half the cost of most universities, college’s lower tuition costs offer you the freedom to spend your hard-earned money where you want to.
- Diverse programming with over 60 academic, career, vocational and technical programs to choose from. And don’t forget, full-credit transfer to universities or our professional development through continuing education courses.
- Flexible course delivery. You can study at home and connect to incredible career opportunities through our distance education options.
- Student support services. At Selkirk, we understand life’s realities and provides caring support for students beyond comparison. Whether you’re in need of childcare, housing, counselling, academic or financial support, our staff will get you the help you need.
Does Selkirk College offer an extended health plan for students?
Can we tour the campus?
In the meantime, watch a few Campus Tour videos.