Monday, December 6, 2021 - 8:00am to Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 4:30pm
Castlegar and Nelson Campus gyms or at home
Campus Recreation - Castlegar
Campus Recreation - Nelson
A Classic Bench Press Challenge - Show us what you've got?!
How To Do It: Procedure
- Weigh-in just before you begin.
- A sufficient warm-up should be done beforehand (a few repetitions using a comfortable weight).
- There will be 3 rounds of 2 attempts each. Each round will increase in weight (suggested 5-10% increase). If subject fails, rest and decrease weight by 2.5-5%.
- The highest weight pressed will be recorded.
- Barbell must completely touch the chest then be pressed completely up (arms extended) in order to qualify.
Disqualification will result if:
- Butt is lifted off bench
- Bar is bounced off chest (for momentum)
- Spotter assists with lift
- Weight lifted divided by body weight in lbs.
- To standardize the score we will calculate a score proportional to the person's bodyweight.
- x2 T-shirts
- x2 $5 gift card to Selkirk bookstore/ cafeteria
- Prizes for students only (open to all staff and students)