Repeats every 2 weeks every Wednesday until Thu Jun 25 2020.Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 7:00pm to 8:30pm
Mir Centre for Peace
Please join with us as we share a book that speaks to this unique period in global history, holding up our common anxieties as well as our common hopes.
A Paradise Built in Hell, The Extraordinary Communities that Arise in Disaster by Rebecca Solnit
"Solnit describes five major calamities in history that threw people into a temporary utopia of changed states of mind and social possiibilities and asks what this reveals about ordinarily unmet social desires and possibilities." (Amazon.ca).
- Hosted by Jennie Barron, Leah Lychowyd, and Karen Godbout
- Participation is FREE! Please email the Mir Centre to indicate your interest.
Every 2nd Wednesday, 7:00 to 8:30 pm
- April 29 Discussion of Prelude and Section I.
- May 13 Discussion of Section II.
- May 27 Discussion of Section III.
- June 10 Discussion of Section IV.
- June 24 Discussion of Section V and Epilogue.
Where to buy the book:
- Kindle e-book or Audible audiobook available from Amazon
- Kobo e-book available from Indigo
- In print (2-week order) from Otter Books online or phone 250-352-3434, with curbside pickup or delivery within Nelson.
Join us at https://selkirk.zoom.us/my/mircentre