Get ready to do a Plyo Jump Fitness Challenge!
- January 9-22, 2022
Plyo jumps are exercises in which muscles exert maximum force in short intervals of time, with the goal of increasing power.
These are great for increasing overall strength and speed.
- The participant stands to the side of a wall and reaches up with the hand closest to the wall.
- Keeping the feet flat on the ground, the point of the fingertips is measured. This is called the standing reach height.
- The participant then stands away from the wall, and leaps vertically as high as possible placing a piece of masking tape on the wall.
- The best of 3 attempts is recorded.
= height of masking tape - standing reach height
- x2 T-shirts
- x2 $5 gift card to Selkirk bookstore/ cafeteria
- Prizes for students only (open to all staff, students and community)
Masks must be worn at all times except during play. BC Vaccine Cards required. Open to students, staff, and community. Community to pay regular fees.
To register for the gym, please do the following:
- Fill out the membership registration form at www.selkirk.ca/athletics (membership registration form for the Castlegar/Nelson gym).
- If you are a student/staff, apply for your student/staff card at the library (see library page on the website and submit your picture) and pick it up a day or two later. Bring your card to the gym and show your BC Vaccine Card to get a sticker for the back of your card.
- If you are not a student, you will need to show your BC Vaccine Card and pay for a drop-in or pass.