Learn how to build Mobile Applications for IOS & Android using React Native
Students will learn how to use React to build mobile applications for android and IOS. The course covers React native, programming basics, API’s and how to manage and connect to web development servers. Students will also have a chance to hear what it’s like to work in the web development industry from guest speakers and past graduates of the Selkirk web development program.
Offered by Matt Potter, instructor in the program at Selkirk College. Requirements: Must have a strong interest in learning about web development and basic HTML & CSS experience.
- Students will be provided a Web Server while learning how they work and how to connect
- Students will learn about React & React Native
- Students will learn about programming and how code is used to build software
- Students will learn how API’s work & how to connect to them.
- July 5 – 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Live instruction via Zoom
- July 6 – 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Live instruction via Zoom
- July 7 – (Study and Practice)
- July 8 – 9 a.m. -2:30 p.m. – Live instruction via Zoom
- July 9 – 10:30 am – 12 p.m. – Live instruction via Zoom
*Instructor will be available during the week for one on one sessions, questions and extra help.
*Lunch Break from 12 – 1 p.m. during live instruction days. All times are Pacific Daylight Time.
September 2021 Tuition Discount!
Let Selkirk College help cover the cost while you launch your new career! We are pleased to announce students registered in the Web Development Program for the 2021-2022 school year are eligible for a tuition discount of $500 per semester! This will be automatically applied at the time of payment.
Learn more about Web Development in the School of the Arts at Selkirk College and follow Selkirk College on Instagram.