In order to attend Selkirk College you must meet the admission requirements for the College and for the program you wish to enrol in.
Selkirk College's Admission Requirements:
- Have graduated from a BC Senior Secondary School or equivalent, or
- Be 19 years of age or over at the time of application, or
- Be under 19 years of age but have a written recommendation from your Secondary School Principal
- Read more about admission requirements according to Policy 8611
Plant Operator Academic Requirements
The following admission requirements are specific to the Metal Fabricaton Foundation program:
- Workplace Math 11, or Selkirk ABE Math 46, with a minimum of 60% or better
Consideration will be given to mature individuals (19 years or older) who are not senior secondary school graduates, provided they are working to complete the recommended education:
- Grade 10 or equivalent including English 10, Mathematics 10
- Grade 12 preferred
All applicants are required to complete a computerized placement test using the College Readiness Tool (CRT) in reading, writing and mathematics once they have submitted their application.
International Students (students who are applying to Selkirk College from locations outside of Canada) should follow the application steps required by Selkirk International.