Selkirk College's Admission Requirements:
- Have graduated from a BC Senior Secondary School or equivalent, or
- Be 19 years of age or over at the time of application, or
- Be under 19 years of age but have a written recommendation from your Secondary School Principal
- Read more about admission requirements according to Policy 8611
First-time applicants may be required to take the College Readiness Tool (CRT). Please refer to your acceptance letter to determine if you need to take the CRT.
- English 12 with a 60% or higher
- Biology 12 with a 60% or higher
- Chemistry 11 with a 60% or higher
- Pre-Calculus 11 or Foundations of Math 12 (or equivalent) with a 60% or higher
Internationally educated students whose first language is not English will need to submit documentation of one of the following as evidence of language proficiency:
Graduation from high school in Canada with three consecutive first language English courses/credits.
Language proficiency test results that meet the NAPRA Language Proficiency Requirements for licensure as a pharmacy technician in Canada.
An undergraduate degree from a university in Canada whose instruction was provided in English.
- For applicable practicum sites, applicants must be able to demonstrate compliance with Public Health Officer's orders with respect to COVID-19 vaccine requirements.
- Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check (CRC)
- Health Program Immunization Record
- Applicant Questionnaire
- Current computer skills including knowledge/skill in navigating the internet, word processing, file management, and email. Applicants are encouraged to complete the Computer Skills Self-Assessment
- WHMIS, Basic First Aid and CPR (C) completed prior to starting lab courses
Official Transcripts from high school and all post-secondary institutions attended submitted directly to Selkirk College. Please review how to submit transcripts to Selkirk College.
Qualified applicants are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Early application is recommended.
Documents needed to support application
- Official transcripts from high school and all post-secondary institutions attended (mailed directly from the Ministry of Education and educational institutions)
- Official Transcripts, Equivalence Reports, and English Proficiency Test results for internationally educated applicants
- Criminal Record Check (CRC) from the Ministry of Justice (instructions in Application Package)
- Immunization Record in Application Package (can be completed upon acceptance to the program)
- Applicant Information Questionnaire (found in Application Package)
- Evidence of Computer Skills
Application for advanced credit must be made prior to starting the program; applications are approved from the Registrar in consultation with program instructors.
Contact Distance Health for further information.
International Students (students who are applying to Selkirk College from locations outside of Canada) should follow the application steps required by Selkirk International.
Interested in this Program?
Follow these steps to apply!
1. Submit an online application and payment using EducationPlannerBC.
Follow the prompts to submit an offical application and required application payment. Once you have recieved an acknowledgment letter with an assigned student number please follow Step 2. The Program Admission Package cannot be received and/or processed without Step 1 being completed.
2. Complete the Program Admission Package*
*If you only submit this documentation, this does not mean you have an open and active application. Please ensure Step 1 is complete.