All TESOL applicants must submit
1. Proof of successful graduation from a degree or diploma program from a recognized institution
OR Proof of completion of at least two years of post-secondary education with an average of C+.
2. Evidence of prior work or volunteer educational experience, preferably with second language learners, and/or course work in education is desirable
3. An interview (in person or via Skype)
4. A resume
5. A letter of intent
6. Completed application form and application fee. To apply click here...
7. Proof of English Language Proficiency.
Applicants who have completed most of their education in a language other than English, must provide evidence of a minimal TOEFL score of 213 (CBT), or an IELTS score of 6.5 (with no band score lower than 6.0), or have completed the Selkirk Advanced English Language program and English 051 with a C+ or higher average.
NOTE: To obtain TESL Canada Professional 1 or 2 status, applicants must have completed a degree. Students, who have a degree in progress, may apply for certification with TESL Canada upon completion of their degree. Additionally, applicants to TESL Canada who have completed most of their education in a language other than English, must provide IELTS Academic Overall 7 (with a minimum of 7 in each skill area) or TOEFL iBT Overall 101 (with a minimum of 23 in Listening, 24 in Reading, 27 in Speaking and 27 in Writing).