With our Advanced Diploma/Bachelors Degree Year One, that can continue into Bachelor's Degree Year Two, we provide you with top quality GIS training and education to prepare you with essential skills to succeed in today's ever-changing Geomatics industry. We also have a flexible online Advanced Certificate Program called Geomatics in the Workplace targeting working professionals wanting new skills in GIS.
GIS Complements Any Career
Flexible and adaptable, GIS can be used in a variety of different scenarios, to make evidence-based decisions, understand trends and analyze data, effectively communicate a message and visually tell a story.
GIS allows experts to map any type of spatial data so that it is interactive, complex and layered with valuable information. Be a specialist in demand in this field that touches a variety of industries from business to health care and environmental sciences. It can be used as a tool within almost every industry, including:
- Businesses like market-driven banking, ultimate client service and asset management.
- Engineering like transportation planning, disaster management, use of historical data and terrain analysis.
- Urban, rural and community planning.
- Climate research, flood damage estimation.
- Wildlife conservation, natural resource planning, water management
- Resource development and land management.
- News and entertainment support, telecom and network services.
- Government administration, taxation.
- Health and medical research.
- Law enforcement, accident analyisis.
Applied Research & Innovation Centre
Our GIS courses are also complemented by applied research and innovation taking place on campus at Selkirk Innovates, giving you opportunities to use and understand GIS in current real-world situations. You’ll get essential training, individual access to an advanced workstation, and exposure to projects.
Excel in the classroom, labs, and wherever you go after school.
Professional Training & Hands-on Experience
Within our state-of-the-art facilities, you'll get powerful, progressive hands-on experience and classroom instruction in subjects like:
- GIS applications and automation
- Remote sensing
- Internet mapping
- Database development and management
- Customized application programming
- Global positioning systems (GPS)
- 3D visualizations
- Data management techniques
- Open source, open data, and related software applications
- Drone data collection and utilization
This program offers you a co-op education experience.
Just fill out this form and someone will be in touch shortly.