Hairstylist - Apprenticeship Level 2
Program at a Glance
5 weeks in class, or self-paced online with 1 week face-to-face instructions
Current Hairstylists and students who successfully complete the Foundation Program now have the opportunity to become Red Seal Certified. This would require 150 hours of Level 2 designated training, an employer sponsor and passing the Interprovincial Red Seal exams both written and practical.
Next Intake Date:
May 27, 2024 to June 27, 2024.
Upon successful completion of this program, learners will be able to:
- Resolve client concerns and complaints.
- Customize haircuts.
- Cut facial and nape hair.
- Describe the procedure to shave facial and nape hair.
- Style up-dos.
- Incorporate hair additions.
- Chemically relax and straighten hair.
- Perform colour correction.
- Apply and style wigs and hairpieces.
- Use hair extensions.
- Develop business and marketing plan for a salon.
- Indentured in Hairstylist Apprenticeship
- Active Apprenticeship Work Sponsor
- Successful completion of previous level
This occupation is physically demanding and reasonable physical conditioning is necessary.
Professional clothes must be worn to all classes and practicum placements (no jeans).
Graduation and Promotion
Minimum of 70% required to receive credential.
Tuition & Fees
Hairstylist Apprenticeship - Level 2, Year 2
Student Union Fees
Find Out More
We look forward to connecting with you! Fill out this form and we'll reach out to you.