CRT Assessment Sessions & Voucher Request Process (Free Study App Below)
1) CRT Session with Examity (24/7 Online Professional Proctoring Service)
***DO NOT EMAIL YOUR ENROLMENT OFFICER FOR A VOUCHER.
EMAIL CRT@SELKIRK.CA WITH THE REQUIRED INFORMATION LISTED BELOW.***
Who needs to write the CRT?
1) Mandatory Write Programs (listed on prior page)
2) If your Enrolment Officer has specifically requested this on your Admissions Letter
Step #1: Email CRT@selkirk.ca with the below information to receive your voucher:
- Your full first and last name (connected with your Selkirk College student ID)
- Selkirk College student number
- Program you are applying to
- Your date of birth (Written: Month, Day, Year)
- Your province of location as indicated on your government ID
- Note: CRT results are valid for a 12-month period
- Note: It may take 48-72 hours to receive this voucher
Step #2: Once you receive the voucher, visit Examity's website for payment and booking/scheduling and completing the CRT.
Examity is a 24/7 Professional Proctoring Service Provider:
- The fee is $10 USD - all payment is done with Examity directly - check their FAQ for further information.
- The booking/scheduling is done directly with Examity - check their FAQ for further information.
- You will need continuous strong internet, audio, and a webcam for a full 3 hours.
- You will need the voucher number from us in order to book with Examity.
Questions? Email us: CRT@selkirk.ca
Examity is an online proctoring service. Accuplacer, which administer the CRT, uses Examity for proctoring this assessment. Cost: $10 USD paid to Examity. Service is offered 24/7 as an AI option with no proctor or chat feature available. Note: If you would prefer an option for a "live proctoring" session, please specify in your email request to us. Cost $25 USD.
For Examity AI Information, FAQ, and Test-Taker's Resource Guide:
Automated Proctoring Quick Guide: https://www.examity.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/accuplacer_auto_proctoring_guide_10.20.pdf
Automated Proctoring Comprehensive Guide: https://www.examity.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Test-Taker_Guide_Automated_Proctoring_accuplacer_10.20.pdf
Automated Proctoring Technical Success Guide: https://www.examity.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/accuplacer_tech_support_guide_7.20.pdf
Accuplacer Specific Link: https://www.examity.com/features/accuplacer/student-qa/
2) Youth Train in Trades Applicants (only available to students working with their Secondary School counsellor and doing their last year of Secondary School through Selkirk College Trade Program):
2022 CRTs over Zoom (Limited Seating - Please keep your Booked Appointment - Access Code Required from your Enrolment Officer at email@example.com):
Note: Power Plant Operator course does NOT qualify as a YTIT program.
Please read the following information PRIOR to booking:
1) Technology Requirements for your CRT and Mandatory Prior Reading to be Prepared
2) What you need to know for the day of the CRT Assessment
Booking Link: https://canada.registerblast.com/selkirkcastlegar/Exam/List Note: ***Use the ACCESS CODE provided to you by your Enrolment Officer. You must have your Selkirk College student # to book (this was issued by the Enrolment Officer as well).
Steps for Booking:
#1: Zoom Online Proctoring
#2: CRT Assessment
#3: CRT Assessment
#4 & #5: Choose a Date then a Time
#6: Your information
#7: Acknowledgment Test to Agree to
#8: Access Code (provided by your Enrolment Officer with Selkirk College)
#9: Your Information (you will require your Selkirk College Student # issued by your Enrolment Officer)
Limited Seating and Cancelling/No-Show or Technology Issues: There are limited seats available. Please do not cancel last minute (which is 3 days prior or less), no-show, or show up under-prepared with your technology. If this happens, you will be asked to book with Examity (and pay $10 USD AI Proctoring or $25 USD Live Proctoring) as it has inconvenienced other applicants.
Note: CRT results are valid for a 12-month period.
Questions? Email us: CRT@selkirk.ca
Sample Test and Testing Information for Student Applicants
The CRT is an adaptive test. This means that the questions are chosen for you on the basis of your answers to previous questions. This technique selects just the right questions for your ability level. Because the test works this way, you must answer every question when it is first given. You can change your answer to a particular question before moving on to the next question, but you cannot leave a question out or come back to it later to change your answer.
The CRT is a multiple choice test. If you do not know the answer to a question, try to eliminate one or more of the choices. Then pick from the remaining choices. You cannot pass or fail the CRT, but it is very important that you do your very best on these tests so that we have an accurate measure of your ability.
Length of Time: Please see the FAQ for more information.
Calculator: Please see the FAQ for more information.
Results/Scores: Please visit the FAQ for more information.
Download the Free Study App
This app features practice tests in
- WritePlacer (you will respond to a question in writing using 300+ words)
- Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, Statistics
- Advanced Algebra
You can access the site from your computer, tablet, or Smartphone and familiarize yourself with the basic content areas of Accuplacer tests. However, you may ONLY use a laptop or desktop to do the CRT (no Chromebooks, phones, tablets, etc.).
Download the Accuplacer free study app for students.
To ask any CRT questions, please contact Assessment Services at CRT@selkirk.ca
Note: Only write the CRT if your Enrolment Officer has specifically asked you to do this for your program requirements, or if you are one of the mandatory CRT programs.