First Time Selkirk Applicants Eligible!
- Students registering for the first time at Selkirk College in a full-time* (minimum 80% course load) post-secondary program for Fall 2023. Note: Youth Train in Trades (YTT) and apprenticeship programs are not eligible for entrance scholarships.
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents who have graduated, or who are about to graduate, from secondary school.
* Students with a documented disability are eligible at a minimum 40% course load if registered with the Accessibility Services Department at Selkirk College.
When do applications open?
Applications open February 15th and close March 31st.
How do I apply?
Check out Application Steps below. Then, complete the online Entrance Scholarship application.
- Apply for a post-secondary program at Selkirk College and have a student number assigned to you.
- Apply for an Entrance Scholarship during the application period.
High school transcripts: applicants upload scanned copies of their high school transcripts during the online application process.
- High school transcripts can be ordered from your high school;
- Or, from the BC Ministry of Education website. (Out-of-province students should contact their provincial Ministry offices or high schools).
What happens next?
- Award recipients will be notified by email.
- Students must confirm whether the award will be accepted or declined by the requested deadline date.
- Students who have accepted an award will be requested to complete a Thank You letter to the donors. A link to an online form will be provided.
To maintain eligibility for your Entrance award you must be in a minimum 80% course load. If you are unsure please contact Financial Aid by email or phone (250) 365-1295.
Students who dropped below the required 80% course load will no longer be eligible to receive their award. If you are unsure please contact Financial Aid by email or phone (250) 365-1295.
In certain circumstances Entrance awards can be deferred. All requests for deferrals must be emailed to Financial Aid. A committee will review the requests and determine eligibility.