Do you have a strong desire to support others through a challenging and rewarding career. As an Education Assistant & Community Support Worker, you'll help children and adults living with disabilities, along with their families, teachers and other support professionals. Earn your certificate at Selkirk College in nine months and be employment ready. Applications are being accepted for Fall 2021.
Consider This Program If You Are
- Caring and empathetic
- Genuinely interested in working with people
- Comfortable advocating for others
- Flexible and able to adapt to diversity
- A good communicator
Prepare for Leadership
- Ready for work as an Educational Assistant, Community Support Worker or Job Coach
- You will be prepared for lifelong learning and continued post-secondary education
- Foster your commitment to personal and professional wellness
- Develop your working knowledge of the importance of community partnerships
Depth in the Development of
- Knowledge (head)
- Solid value base (heart) and
- Professional skills practice (hands)
Assist Others With
- Life Skills
- Supported Employment
Your Education Assistant & Community Support Worker Program Certificate serves as your prerequisite for entry into the following Human Services Diploma Specialty for a total of two years of study at Selkirk:
- Child and Youth Care Specialty
The Social Service Worker Human Services Diploma Specialty can be taken by Education Assistant & Community Support Worker Program graduates - additional bridging courses are required. This program also transfers to related universities.
Just fill out this form and someone will be in touch shortly.