Readers for Racial Justice
Feeling committed to learn and grow in your commitment to racial justice? Join our online book club!
The Skin We're In by Desmond Cole begins October 14.
- Every other Wednesday 7-8:30 p.m.
- Book club meets at https://selkirk.zoom.us/my/mircentre
We will share our responses to three books:
- Robin DiAngelo's White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism (wrapping up at the end of September)
- Desmond Cole's The Skin We're In: A Year of Black Resistance and Power
- Ijeoma Oluo's So You Want to Talk About Race
You can join for one, two or all three books. Or just play it by ear. We expect to spend many weeks on each title, and if you have to miss one, no biggie. Just jump back in when you can. This book club will go until December 16, 2020.
You can get your book from anywhere!
Print, e-book or audio versions, where available. We encourage you to choose a supplier that will be best for the authors.
Looking forward to learning together!
Promoting Learning and Dialogue in Our Community
Learn more about the Mir Centre for Peace.