Readers for Racial Justice
- Every other Wednesday 7-8:30 p.m.
- Book club meets at https://selkirk.zoom.us/my/mircentre
We will share our responses to three books:
- Robin DiAngelo's White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism
- Desmond Cole's The Skin We're In: A Year of Black Resistance and Power
- Ijeoma Oluo's So You Want to Talk About Race
You can join for one, two or all three books. Or just play it by ear. We expect to spend many weeks on each title, and if you have to miss one, no biggie. Just jump back in when you can. This book club will go until December 16, 2020.
You can get your book from anywhere - print, e-book or audio versions, where available. We encourage you to choose a supplier that will be best for the authors.
We have pre-ordered 12 copies of each title from Otter Books in Nelson. These titles are currently not in stock but are expected to arrive in time. If you want one of those 12 copies from Otter, let them know and they will add your name to their running list. (firstname.lastname@example.org, 352-3434)
The first dozen people to order from Otter - and say it's for the Mir Centre's Online Book Club - will receive 10% off their book!
Looking forward to learning together!
Spring Book Club Continues
Online Book Club, for Uncertain Times: Please join with us as we share a book that speaks to this unique period in global history, holding up our common anxieties as well as our common hopes.
- A Paradise Built in Hell, The Extraordinary Communities that Arise in Disaster by Rebecca Solnit, beginning April 29
Promoting Learning and Dialogue in Our Community
Learn more about the Mir Centre for Peace.