Sunday, February 19, 2023 - 7:00am to Saturday, March 4, 2023 - 9:00pm
Castlegar and Nelson Gyms
Campus Recreation - Castlegar
Campus Recreation - Nelson
Get ready to do the Flexed Arm Hang Fitness Challenge!
- February 19 - March 4, 2023
Flexed arm hangs help measure upper body strength and endurance. Participants are timed on how long they can hang from a bar, with their eyes parallel to it. The participant who can hold it the longest wins!
- Grasp an overhead bar with an underhand grip. Position the body with arms flexed and eyes parallel (in line) to the bar.
- The body should remain in a vertical position with legs hanging straight down. Stand on a sturdy chair or stool to get into position, if necessary.
- Hold the position for as long as possible.
- A t-shirt will be given to the 1st place male and 1st place female competitor, at each campus.
- A $5.00 gift card to the bookstore/cafeteria will be awarded to a random participant (each participant's name will go in a hat), at each campus.
Open to students, staff, and community!
Participate at the Nelson Tenth Street Gym, Castlegar Campus Gym, or send in a video emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com