- Monday, February 13 - Friday, February 17, 2023
- All day
- Castlegar & Nelson Campuses
In honour of Random Act of Kindness Day (Feb. 17th), Valentine's Day (Feb. 14th), and Pink Shirt Day- Anti-Bullying Day (Feb. 22nd) we have created Kindness Week!
There will be three main activities for this week:
1. Do a random act of kindness for someone this week! Don't know what to do? Here are some ideas!
- Hold the door for someone.
- Ask someone how their day is going.
- Be a good listener.
- Smile and say hello when you walk by someone.
- Buy someone a coffee.
- Let someone go in front of you when in a line-up.
- Give someone a hug.
- Write a positive comment online.
- Write a sticky note with a kind message and place it where someone will see it.
We will have tables set-up at the Gymnasiums in both Castlegar and Nelson to provide some art supplies and sticky notes for you to make cards or short messages for people.
2. Check out the large whiteboard in the Pit Plaza on Castlegar's Campus and leave or take a sticky note with a kind message on it! You can also write some positive messages on this board for others to read.
3. LASTLY, we will also be handing out GRATITUDE JARS at each campus on a first-come first-serve basis. Stop by the Castlegar or Nelson Gym Office to pick up your free kit!