Selkirk College, Attn: Wendy Anderson
820 Tenth Street, Nelson BC, V1L 3C7, Canada
I love teaching and I love the hospitality industry, now I am fortunate to enjoy both. I have the pleasure of working with inspiring students, watching them grow their careers in the industry. - Wendy Anderson, Hospitality and Tourism instructor
I joined the teaching staff of Selkirk College in 2008 after more than a decade-long management career with the Fairmont and Delta hotel chains. As a bonus I get to work and play in the most beautiful part of the world.
I currently instruct several courses in the Resort and Hotel Management program such as:
- Accommodations Management
- Tourism Conventions, Catering, and Sales Management
- Hospitality Law
- Hospitality Software Applications
- Human Resources
- Intro to Tourism
My industry-specific expertise is derived from past positions I have held such as:
- Hotel Convention Services Consultant - Independent
- Celebrity Event Planner - Independent
- Director of Conference Services, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
- Assistant Director Conference Services & Sales, Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
- Edelweiss Dining Room Manager, Canadian Pacific Hotels and Resorts
- Banquet Captain, Canadian Pacific Hotels and Resorts
- Food and Beverage Trainer, Canadian Pacific Hotels and Resorts
Outside of work I love sports. In the winter I am an avid skier, both downhill and skate skiing. During the warmer months I spend my spare time swimming, biking, running and competing in a triathlon now and again.