Build an online MMORPG
Students will learn about web development languages and technology infrastructure while building an online browser-based MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game.) This boot camp explores the usage of multiple web development tools and how they work together to create an interactive browser experience. Students will also have a chance to hear what it’s like to work in the web development industry from guest speakers and graduates of the Selkirk College web development program.
Offered by Matt Potter, instructor in the program at Selkirk College. Requirements: Must have a strong interest in learning about web development, computer experience is crucial.
- Students will Learn about HTML & CSS
- Students will learn how online web servers work and how to connect to them.
- Students will learn about Docker, what it is and how to use it.
- Students will learn about JSON
- Students will learn about tile setting
- July 5 – 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. – Live instruction via Zoom
- July 6 – (Study and Practice)
- July 7 – 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Live instruction via Zoom
- July 8 – (Study and Practice)
- July 9 – 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Live instruction via Zoom
*Instructor will be available during the week for one on one sessions, questions and extra help.
*Lunch Break from 12 -1 p.m. during live instruction days. All times are Pacific Daylight Time.
September 2021 Tuition Discount!
Let Selkirk College help cover the cost while you launch your new career! We are pleased to announce students registered in the Web Development Program for the 2021-2022 school year are eligible for a tuition discount of $500 per semester! This will be automatically applied at the time of payment.