STOP! Are you a student registering for the first time at Selkirk College? Apply for our Entrance Scholarship!
Selkirk College has a large contingent of local donors and businesses that support student success in the college regions.
Scholarships are offered in four different categories:
- GPA Scholarships: based on exceptional academic achievement (internally selected from GPA report).
- Department Nominations: departments nominate top students (internal nomination process).
- Application Scholarships: applicants who meet award criteria apply for scholarship (students apply online).
- International Scholarships: awarded by Selkirk International (internal selection process).
- Applicants can be Canadian or International students.
- Applicants in post-secondary semester programs must complete the Fall and Winter semesters maintaining a minimum 80% course load. *
- Applicants in post-secondary trades programs must maintain a minimum 80% course load during their program.
- Applicants in Academic Upgrading are eligible to apply.
*Students with a documented disability must maintain a minimum 40% course load and be registered with Accessibility Services at Selkirk College.
When do applications open?
Applications are open February 15 and close March 31. Apply now!
How do I apply?
Starting February 15 complete the online Scholarship application.*
* Students do not apply for Department Nominations or GPA Scholarships. These awards are processed internally.
- Apply for application scholarships during the application period. (GPA and Department Nominations scholarships are based on internal processes.)
What happens next?
- Award recipients will be notified by letter by early July.
- Students must confirm whether the award will be accepted or declined by the requested deadline date.
- Students who have accepted an award will be requested to complete a Thank You letter to the donors. A link to an online form will be provided.
Thank You Letters
Scholarships have been made possible through the generous support of people and organizations who donate to Selkirk College. Award winners are asked to write a short thank you letter to their donors using our online Thank You form. This gesture is greatly appreciated by those who work with Selkirk College to support students in reaching their educational goals.
How will scholarship funds be released?
Releasing scholarship funds are based on three different processes:
- No Hold – these are awards that do not have any restrictions. The award funds will be released mid-August and cheques will be mailed to the award recipients.
- Return to Selkirk – these awards require students return to Selkirk College for further studies. Award funds will be applied to the student’s trust account in mid-August. After the 3rd week of the start of the student’s program funds will be release to pay tuition. Students are required to pay any outstanding tuition amounts by the fee deadline date.
- Continuing Anywhere – these awards are given to students transferring to other post-secondary institutions. Once students provide a proof of enrolment funds will be released.
What if I’m not in a full time course load?
- To maintain eligibility for your scholarship award you must be in a minimum 80% course load* for the Fall and Winter semesters, or, for trades programs for the duration of your program. If you are unsure please contact Financial Aid by email or (250) 365-1295. Students with a documented disability must maintain a minimum 40% course load and be registered with Accessibility Services at Selkirk College.
- Scholarship funds cannot be deferred.