Learn energy saving tips, pledge to reduce your use and win great prizes!
Sweater Season is a two week long event encouraging energy conservation!
How can I participate?
- Take the pledge! Commit to saving energy and lowering your carbon footprint.
- Follow us at @SustainableSelkirk and @SelkirkCollege to learn energy saving tips.
- Layer up! Wear your sweater and dress for the season. Post a photo of you in your cozy clothes (mittens, toques, sweaters, scarves!) and use the hashtag #selkirkcollege and tag both accounts to be entered to win prizes! You can also email us the photos to sustainability @ selkirk.ca
- Attend the virtual Energy Dance hosted by our friends at Thompson Rivers University (TRU).
Virtual Energy Dance!
- Friday, February 11, 2022
- 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Online event
Join this free, virtual living room dance party hosted by TRU! You can tune in via Microsoft Teams and hit their dance floor or just enjoy the music that is being provided by live DJ Common Sound. There will also be three contests and great prizes!
Register by February 7 by emailing sustain @ tru.ca with Energy Dance in the subject line. To join you need an official domain from your institution - use your Selkirk College email. You will then get an event link with details.
See you on the virtual dance floor!
What actions are being encouraged, and why?
Simple actions like turning down the heat, wearing warmer clothing, taking shorter showers, and washing clothes in cold water all help reduce natural gas use and lower our carbon footprint.
These energy conservation habits help contribute to Sustainable Development Goal #13: Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).