Selkirk Innovates is ahead of the curve with integrating students into everything we do. We know how to transform what we’re doing into student jobs. It’s at the core of every project we take on.
Learning into Action
Work integrated learning, or experiential community-based learning, is where we shine.
- We paid over $540,000 in student wages through grant-funded internship placements, and nearly doubled our budget during a pandemic to $3.9 million
- Created 18 full-time jobs for students
- Engaged 54 students through applied research internships
- Employed 47 percent of Selkirk College co-op students in applied research
Are you a student interested in working with Selkirk Innovates?
We will provide you with competitive wages, access to highly-specialized equipment, expertise and training. We can also offer you industry and community connections and the chance to make a real impact in our region.
There are many opportunities for you to get involved in applied research in our five main focus areas (Advanced Manufacturing, Advanced Computing, Geospatial Technologies and Resource Management, Rural Resilience and Nursing and Human Services) as well as through these academic programs:
- Digital Arts & New Media Diploma
- Digital Fabrication & Design Diploma
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Advanced Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- GIS in the Workplace Certificate
- Health & Human Services
- University Arts & Sciences
- Web Development Certificate
Are you an employer interested in hiring an intern?
Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options that would best suit your organization.