*Update As British Columbia begins to open its doors, accessibility to first aid training will increase across the province. It is the expectation that those with expired certificates will seek recertification as soon as safe training is available. Meanwhile, to further accommodate physical distancing and safe practices, WorkSafeBC has extended certificates that have an expiry date between March 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020. These certificates will now be acceptable in the workplace for 180 days beyond their original expiry date. If you are unable to recertify immediately, please view these OFA Level 1 videos here, to brush up on your skills. You may find the first aid reference manual here. Certificates will not be reprinted. First Aid Attendants and employers do not need to take any actions to qualify for the extensions. WorkSafeBC will continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and recommendations put forth by federal and provincial agencies, and should additional extensions be required we will release further information and direction at that time.
Learn the basics & beyond in first aid training.
Let our trained instructors take you through the basics and beyond of how to keep yourself, your family and your co-workers healthy and safe in any situation.
First Aid COVID-19 Compliance - Your Safety First
The following protocols and procedures are in place to ensure Selkirk College is the safest place to take first aid training:
- students are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class to allow time for the Covid Screening questions before the class begins
- students will be provided with PPE (gloves, disposable masks, their own disposable one-way CPR valve)
- class sizes are reduced to 6 students to ensure safe distancing
- mannequins and all other equipment are sanitized after every class
- lungs in the mannequins are replaced after each class
- all equipment is sanitized between classes
- students and staff undergo daily health screening
Learn more about Selkirk College COVID-19 updates...
First Aid Training Series
Are you looking for Safety Training?
Important Notes for Students
- Students are advised to wear long pants, shoes and socks during all first aid courses.
- First Aid courses are physically demanding and require people to be in good physical condition.
- Sometimes industries change the level of first aid required so we advise you to consult with your employer, potential employer, organization, association or institution as to what level of first aid you are required to have. See a list of relevant industries for respective first aid courses (based on historical data). This list is meant to be a guideline only.
Register online through the courses linked above or find out more at registration methods and contact information.