Get ready to do a Plank Fitness Challenge!
- January 30 - February 12, 2022
Planks are an isometric core strength exercise that involves maintaining a position similar to a push-up for the maximum possible time. Planks strengthen your body from head to toe. Having a strong core can help reduce lower back pain!
- Begin in the plank position with your forearms and toes comfortably on the floor.
- Your abdominal region should be engaged and your torso should be straight: no sags or curves.
- Your head will be relaxed and you should be looking at the floor.
- Hold this position for as long as you can.
- x2 T-shirts
- x2 $5 gift card to Selkirk bookstore/ cafeteria
- Prizes for students only (open to all staff, students and community)
Masks must be worn at all times except during play. BC Vaccine Cards required. Open to students, staff, and community. Community to pay regular fees.
To register for the gym, please do the following:
- Fill out the membership registration form at www.selkirk.ca/athletics (membership registration form for the Castlegar/Nelson gym).
- If you are a student/staff, apply for your student/staff card at the library (see library page on the website and submit your picture) and pick it up a day or two later. Bring your card to the gym and show your BC Vaccine Card to get a sticker for the back of your card.
- If you are not a student, you will need to show your BC Vaccine Card and pay for a drop-in or pass.