Geographic Information Systems Day at Selkirk College
This free public event provides an opportunity to interact with Selkirk College Geographic Information Systems (GIS) faculty, students, and local GIS professionals to discuss GIS technology and how it relates to disaster management.
Schedule of events
10:00 - 11:30 in the Pit, Castlegar Campus
- Poster session with students
- Columbia Basin Climate Source Portal Demo
12:00 - 1:00 in K-10, Castlegar Campus
- Climate Adaptation and Economic Disaster Resilience with Local Governments Jayme Jones, Rural Development Institute
- GIS for the Emergency Operation Centre, Bart Fyffe, Regional District of Kootenay Boundary
- Civic Addressing for Disaster Response, Heather Potter, Regional District of Kootenay Boundary
1:30 - 3:30 in the Staff Lounge, Castlegar Campus
- Ground and drone based LiDAR workshop/info session
6:00 - 8:00 at the Old Castle Theatre
- Movie night! 185 Columbia Avenue
A big thanks to Columbia Power, Selkirk Geospatial Research Centre and PIBC: Planning Institue of British Columbia
Learn more about Geographic Information Systems at Selkirk College.